Wednesday 3 December 2014

NARS Douceur

NARS Douceur is a blush that I had heard a lot about and it was one I had made a mental note about wanting to try. Once word got round that it was being discontinued I searched around online (in a slight panic I must admit!)  where I found it on ASOS and placed an order.

I had been in the market for a ' matte soft pink/brown blush' that could be doubled up as a natural contour to help sculpt the face on those lazy days. After reading many reviews, Douceur was described as just that, so I was excited to see how I would feel about it.



What Do I Think?
I've had Douceur for about a week now and I must say I don't think it lives up to the quality of other NARS blushers I've tried! I really wanted to love it but it just doesn't do much for me at all! It barely swatches and I have to really build it up for it to show up on my skintone. My other NARS blushers are so pigmented, to the point where I have to be aware to use a light hand to avoid over doing it. It leans more pink than brown on me whereas I was actually hoping for the opposite, so it doesn't even work so well in helping create that 'natural contour'.

I'm so disappointed that I just don't love it as much as everyone else, but I'm going to continue playing around with it and hopefully find a way to make it work for me! I think it's a blush that is targeted mainly at light/ light medium skintones, I feel like it was begin to look ashy on anyone darker than me. Like I said, I really had to build it up on myself to get a decent pay off.

Douceur is no longer avaliable at NAR makeup counters but it can still be found at selected online retailers. If you were interested in trying it before its gone, I purchased mine from ASOS.
It retails for £22.50

Aroosa 
x

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails