Saturday 17 April 2010

NYX Round Lipsticks that I REGRET buying



A while ago, I ordered a couple of NYX round lipsticks from America. I was really excited about trying them, as I had heard so many good things about them. So after they arrived, there were a couple that stood out and I completely feel in love with, but there were also a couple that I was disappointed with and I just new I wasn't going to wear.

So after doing a couple of posts swatching the colours I did like, I thought I'd do a post of the colour that I wasn't too fond of. Surprisingly, the three that I don't like were the colours that I was most looking forward to.

The first one is Louisiana, a HOT pink. It's such a daring colour and it takes confidence to wear. Confidence that I don't think I have. Plus it just doesn't suit my skin tone.

The next one is Circe.. I'd heard alot about this colour and how good it was, but I have to disagree. It's meant to help achieve a concealer lip look, but on my skin tone it completely fails. It makes me look a little ill!

And finally Rea which is very similar to Circe...but worse. Although you cannot tell in the picture above, it has a grey tinge to it...WHY? i don't know! This colour looks awful on me, and in my opinion, it's probably the worst one out of the three.

Do you own any NYX round lipsticks that your not too impressed with?

8 comments:

  1. I have Rea to, and I hate it. I thought it would be nude, but it's just ugly-brown..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya'! NYX sucks like that when you order online... you never know what you're going to get! I have a few round lipsticks (one I bought in a store) the other online, and two of their regular NYX Lips lipsticks. While I loved them when I got them, I only used them a few times and don't find myself reaching for them much xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @felmake1 - i'm glad i'm not the only one! it seems to be a popular colour :S

    @Caitlin - hmm the bad side of ordering makeup on the internet :( you just never truly know what your going to get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own thalia and I dont ever use it, its very mauve-ish and just doesnt suit my skin tone. I saw it on a swatch on someone with really pretty lips and didnt realise that the colour suited her more because her natural lip colour is very different to mine.
    =( oh well

    ReplyDelete
  5. i regret buying circe too because it was too dark for me
    but when i mixed it with Barry M's 101 (which was too pale for me) it created a really pretty nude colour :)
    With colours that didn't work for me i followed Bubblegarm's tip for this:
    http://bubblegarm.blogspot.com/2010/03/diy-customised-lip-colours.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AbbieandBrian - thanks, i'll take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for posting this. i was thinking about buying rea, but it seems as though everyone dislikes it. it's WAY more brown than i thought it would be.

    ~jenn

    www.amodelmoment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosa, i had the same probs with rea & circe aswell but i recently started trying them with a nudey brown lip pencil (as a base) and it really makes the lipsticks look a lot different now!! i love the way they compliment by bronzer too! Try giving it a go...you might end up really lovin' them off ...! :)
    leyla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails