Tuesday 4 November 2014

MUA Luxe London Velvet Lip Lacquers


I recently purchased the much hyped about MUA Luxe London Velvet Lip Lacquers from Superdrug. I've been enjoying experimenting with different types of lip products lately, so I was excited to give these a try.

L-R - RECKLESS, HALCYON, TRANQUILITY
The Lip Lacquers are described as a long lasting, kiss proof lip lacquers that provide an opaque finish, drying down to a matte velvet finish. I had high hopes for these lip products, firstly because I hadn't previously tried any of the 'lip lacquer' type lip products that are currently being release left, right and centre. Secondly because I'm always fond to a good old matte lip, and finally because I had myself read some rave reviews about these lip lacquers!

My Thoughts
I really wanted to like these, but unfortunately I was left rather disappointed, The first time I applied RECKLESS, I applied it to bare lips without a lip balm underneath. You  may be thinking that this was a pretty silly move as we all know how drying matte products can be, but I just wanted to test them out to see how they held up alone. Once RECKLESS had dried down, it didn't take long for it to start settling into fine lines and flaking off. I removed it within an hour of applying it as it started to feel rather uncomfortable and look patchy. I could feel the product sitting on top of my lips, and drinking from a cup just promoted the flakey-ness. I did however like the colour and the initial finish of the product!

L-R TRANQUILITY, HALCYON, RECKLESS
JUST AFTER APPLICATION BEFORE DRYING DOWN
L-R TRANQUILITY, HALCYON, RECKLESS
DRIED DOWN TO A MATTE/VELVET FINISH
(PLEASE NOTE: THIS PICTURE IS MORE OF A TRUE
 REPRESENTATION ON THE ACTUAL COLOURS)
Next I tried out the less daring shades and this time I made sure to moisturise and exfoliate my lips beforehand. Having done so I was hoping for a more positive result, however I found the application of both HALCYON and TRANQUILITY to be fairly patchy. To reduce the patchiness I would recommend blotting your lips a couple of minutes after applying lip balm. I found this to help some what but in all honest it wasn't easy to achieve an even application. Once I did however achieve an even application with TRANQUILITY, it dried down to a beautiful matte/velvet finish and lasted until I chose to take it off.

On more of a positive note I was really fond of the colours and generally feel like MUA have done well with the colour selection. The price definitely has to add to the good points of this product, at only £3.00 per lip lacquer it would be a challenge to find a product in the same type category at that price. Its also worth noting the lasting power, I had to really scrub at my lips to get these off!!


I'm looking forward to playing around with these lip lacquers a little more and hopefully finding a way to make the application easier for me. I'm also interested in trying some of the brighter colours in the range such as DARE.

What did you guys think of the MUA Luxe London Velvet Lip Lacquers?



1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried these but the colours look really pretty and very pigmented! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails